Monday, May 05, 2014

Give a Lift Card

I saw a card which had been made by the uber talented Liza Stenz where she had
layered the pieces of this beautiful balloon - so I totally stole her idea :O)
I used the Balloon Ride paper which I adore.
I stamped the Hot Air Ballon image 4 times - twice on the blue patterned paper,
once on the cream patterned paper and once on Saddle cardstock.
I cut the the entire balloon image out of the 2 blue bases, and just the center band out of the
cream patterned paper and just the center piece from the Saddle cardstock.
I stamped the entire image onto the Colonial White cardstock center piece and then 
the first blue base was attached directly to it  and the other 3 pieces were attached with 
3D foam tape between them.
I stamped the basket and the flowers on a second piece of colonial white cardstock and carefully
cut out the image - I cut away some of the thinner flower stems just leaving the larger ones
to make it easier.
Then I colored the base image and the overlay with the Watercolor Pencils.
Again 3D foam tape popped it up for dimension.
I added a sparkle accent from the Rosewood Mini Medley and then either side of the Hot Air Balloon 
I added pieces of the Zipstrip. Bronze Shimmer Trim and lastly Balloon Ride B&T finished 
the center section.
I stamped the word Welcome in Cocoa ink and added a 2nd sparkle accent from the 
Rosewood Mini Medley.
I was thrilled with the finished result and hope you like it too xxx
Love Sara xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment