Sunday, March 06, 2011

I'm back from my cruise with CTMH :O)

Have you missed me or have you just been enjoying the quiet LOL
I have been on a week long cruise of the Caribbean with Close To My Heart. We had a wonderful time there - 80 degrees and sunshine and palm trees - oh I could go n for ever. Now back in Michigan we have 4 inches of new snow bu the sun is shining so that is a start :O)

Here are the photos of the coffee travel cups I made for my friends who also earned the cruise with me from our unit. I made 8 in total and this one is mine - okay it has a few extra flowers on it and an extra shell - but essentially it is the same LOL. The travel mugs came from Starbucks - the decorate your own ones. If you are thinking of doing one yourself here is a hint - don't layer too many pieces of paper and cardstock - there isn't much room to slide the finished piece in. Brads are a no-no. they just won't fit.
 I used Cocoa, Olive, Desert Sand, Honey,Smoothie and Sky inks. I made the speckled background for the sky using Heavenly blue ink added to water and used the spray pen.
 I liquid glassed the waves and inked the shells in olive ink and then rolled the edges in desert sand ink.
 The same technique was used for the large flowers in smoothie ink. inked them - stamped the excess ink onto a piece of scrap paper and then rolled the edges again in the same color ink. the small flowers were just stamped in the smoothie ink. I used liquid glass and prisma glitter on the centers of all of the flowers.
I sponged the umbrella in desert sand and cocoa ink. I tucked 2 small pieces of ribbon behind the title piece which I had matted using s scrap of paper from Mayberry Level 2 paper pack.
I hope you like what I did :O)

2 comments:

  1. Missed you terribly! And now we've had guests here (from MI) so I hadn't been on in a couple of days...only to see MULTIPLE posts! Wahoo!!!! Hope you don't think I'm crazy, but I changed my font to this awesome one of yours! Anything I can do to be more like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL my friend :O)
    I am sorry I missed you - it was headless chicken time and crazy weather too :O( I felt awful - you came 2000 miles and I couldn't get 20 miles to see you - next time I promise. Am trying to post more and failing miserably - got o much to do and so little time . . . . . (but glad you like what I have done x)

    ReplyDelete