Friday, December 14, 2012

Hitomi's Christmas Tree Advent Calendar Cubby

Yesterday I saw one of my many groups of 'Lovely Ladies' and Hitomi shared a picture of the ADORABLE My Creations Cubby advent calendar which she had created.

Although the Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste cartridge has the box which fits the spaces in the cubby - many of my ladies don't own a Cricut - so I designed a box which could be cut using a paper trimmer 
& would fit the 2 1/2" spaces  - and then shared this pattern with my ladies.

Hitomi cut the boxes from the different colored cardstock and made the Christmas Tree design within the area - I adore the yellow cardstock #3 which forms the star for the tree and the brown cardstock #23 which is the trunk of the tree. 
Then boxes #8, #12, #13, #14, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20 in the green cardstock for the branches.
Hitomi used a blue cardstock for the rest of the boxes and as you can see decorated them with snowflakes and other Christmas images etc.

The box is made from a 7 1/2" square which is scored in a tic-tac-toe pattern every 2 1/2 inches.
Cut along one of  the score lines on each side - up to the center square and fold the sides up to make the box. Then use the CTMH 1 1/4" hole punch to cut a semi-circle out of one side :O)


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea using colored boxes! Really like the creativity and the non-Cricut user instructions.

    ReplyDelete