Monday, February 04, 2013

Jewelry box - Extravaganza 2012

This was my crowning glory as far as I am concerned - with the Milk Carton Birdhouse a very close 2nd.
I used the  My Creations Recipe/Photo box as the base. I know I wanted to do something totally different with it - Last year I turned one into a purse so I didn't want to do the same thing again this year.
So I laid the box on its back so it would open towards you and as you can see I totally Blinged it up :O)
Again Moonlight level 2 paper was perfect for this - 
I love the elegant stripes and the honeycomb smokey plum patterns together.

The flowers were cut using the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge with lots of glitter.
I then added Rhinestone Brads and Filigree pewter Charms with the Black Mini Medley Brads.
I also used the Foundry Pin Clips with Dimensional Element Hearts which I had inked in Smokey Plum Ink  then Painted with Create a shade pearl paint and then added Liquid Glass.
I sponged Sweet Leaf ink onto the Black and white Striped ribbon to tint it slightly.
 
 I created the shelf on the inside with a piece of cardstock which I inked and painted with the
Create a Shade Pearl Paint to give it shimmer. I then created the draws and made pull tags from the Black and White ribbon and accented them with buttons from the Slate Mini Medley. I used another brad and the thin striped ribbon from the Black Mini Medley to make the Closure.
to say that I was excited with the finished product was an understatement - I flippin' LOVE IT :O)
Hope you do too - Love Sara x

No comments:

Post a Comment