Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Japanese inspired layout

I wanted to make a layout with a strong Japanese feel to it - to honor all of my Japanese customers and friends.

I made the 'Shoji' screens with vellum which I had stamped with colonial white ink and then made the 'bamboo' from bamboo colored cardstock which I then textured using a toothbrush dipped into desert sand ink. This was then cut into 3/8ths inch wide strips which I then used to build the frame and the decoration.
The center of the page is meant to represent the sky through the open screens and the cherry tree and blossoms fountain down the page. The center of the flowers was made from dimensional elements wrapped in sassy strands. Yujo is Japanese for Friendship. I found an online pattern for the origami Kimono. I just love the way it turned out and hope you like it too :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment