Friday, August 27, 2010

Alaska '8x8 Gate Album' from Extravaganza

This is an album which I made out of our plain chipboard sheets - they come in 9x12 so I cut it down to 8x8.
That formed the back cover and then I cut 2 pieces of 4x8 for the front covers - everything else is made from the Passages level 2 paper pack and the matching stickease. I used Cocoa and colonial white satin edge ribbon to tie everything together. The idea behind this album was that you opened up the pages in 'pairs' like gates, which then gives you four 4x8 panels which form the layout.
I used the Heart dimensional elements covered with paper and cardstock.
The post card on the left hand pages was added after the pages were complete - I stuck the post card on the 2 pages and cut them apart - I hope that makes some sort of sense. Don't think I have had enough coffee this morning!
I embossed olive green cardstock with clear embossing powder then sponged cocoa ink over the top so that the embossed areas resisted the ink giving the 2 tone effect.
I added the new shimmer brads to the edge of the left hand photo.
Love these pages - again I added the postcard to both of the middle pages.
And this is the back inside cover of the album- I added another shimmer brad to the center of the ribbon knot and tucked the tag under it - I liquid glasses the stickease in the top left hand corner of the main photo and inked and liquid glassed the dimensional element heart at the bottom and the word LOVE.
Hope you like it :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment