Monday, March 26, 2012

Julie & Adam's Wedding Mini Album

 Our friends Julie and Adam got married last fall and this is the 9x9 My Creations Memory Showcase Album which I made for them. They had a beautiful fall theme with gorgeous sunflowers. The fabric flowers on the album came from Michaels but I found a retired stamp set which was just perfect for this project. I added Dimensional Element Hearts - stamped in Sunflower and Indian Corn Blue ink and added silver Glitter Glitx Gel Glue (squidgy stuff for those of you who know me)
 I used the blueprints from 12x12 scrapbook pages and scaled them down to fit the 9x9 pages of this album
 Here I tore and rolled and ink distressed the edge of the stamped piece then tore the Outdoor Denim cardstock and used the paper piercer and the ruler to make evenly spaced holes which I then threaded sunflower waxy flax.
 Here I used hemp and one of the travel themed jounalling spots under the cut out sunflower.
 More hemp and another journalling spot.
 I made a fun pocket with a pull out photo mat - there was room to add more photos to the pocket if they wish to. Brads finished off the rows of 3 flowers on both sides of the pocket.
 I dry embossed the 'envelope flap' and then put goldrush brads in the centers of all of the little flowers.
This is the back cover of the album.  I was so happy with the finished result and I know they were too :O)
I hope they both ' Live happily Ever After'  xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Julie & Adam's Wedding Mini Album! It is way too cute. Thanks a ton for the design inspiration. At one of the NYC wedding venues my sister is going to get married and I was thinking to create a custom gift for the couple. After seeing this idea I think that this mini DIY album with their engagement pictures would just be a perfect gift that they would cherish for their life time.

    ReplyDelete