Monday, April 02, 2012

Notre Dame Memory Showcase Mini Album

I have been going through some online photo albums and came across another piece of artwork which I made to teach at CTMH Extravaganza 2011.
It features the photos I took in Paris of the Notre Dame Cathedral - one of my favorite building in the world - it is absolutely stunning.
 This mini album started as the 6x6 My Creations memory Showcase album.  The first thing I had to do was to reinforce the entire album as I knew I was going to be adding a huge amount of weight which the cardstock pages weren't designed to carry. Clear packing tape and cardstock did the job !!! LOL
I used the Dreamin' Level 2 paper packed and matching stickease and lots of embellishments including the blue buttons and the wooden buttons. Bronze Glitz Gel Glue added sparkle :O)

I added 'gate fold' sections with lift up flaps. On the left hand page below I stamped the design on a Canvas Button and attached it over layered circles cut with the 2" scalloped circle punch. I used the corner rounder to make the scalloped edges of the pages. 
 
 The left hand page again has a lift up page and the right hand page below has a pocket formed behind the photo for another pull out photo.
 

 
 
Here you can see the 'gate fold' pages opened out. 
Here is the back of the album - quite plain in comparison with the front but I didn't feel it 
could take any more weight. 
Well I hope this inspires you to make one of your own - make sure you reinforce it if you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment