Friday, March 08, 2013

Color My Heart - Guest Designer

I was very excite to be asked by the Color My Heart Blog team to be a guest designer.
The Challenge? To use 2 different paper packs on one item.
Well for those of you who know my OCD tendencies - this was WAY out of my comfort zone - you all know how I like everything to match !!!

Anyway - I came up with this 3" x 6" card which features Chantilly and For Always papers.
The base I made from CTMH white Textured card-stock.
I then added a piece of the Green Chantilly paper and added texture and sparkle with a piece of Sweet Leaf Ribbon and the new Black Shimmer Tape.
The blue background?? That is the black and white paper from For Always which I graduated ink 
sponged with Twilight, Crystal Blue and Sky inks and the Texture Tools
I also ink distressed 2 Milepost Shape stars - one with Sky Ink and the other with Twilight. I painted them both with Create a Shade Pearl Paint, then added liquid glass to the smaller one. 
Another piece of the Black Shimmer Tape was added to the large star.
Rosette ribbon added softness to it & a Cricut cut flower with the center filled with the 
Stardust Glitter Glitz Gel added more height.
Finally the sentiment is from the Avonlea Card-making kit .
I had fun with this challenge and hope it inspires you to mix your papers :O)
Love Sara x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this week at Color My Heart! I love your card. The way you inked the paper to change the color is really cool!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you as guest designer this week, Sara! How did you get that paper to look so evenly inked? I was wondering where you got it, because I could not tell! ;) Love all the sparkle and the way you pull all the elements together--nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Kigs' - i used a sponge and just worked and blended the inks evenly together so you don't get a hard line - glad you liked - I took the photo late at night so the lighting wasn't the best but glad it 'made the grade' :O)

    ReplyDelete