Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cruise Box Purse

I have been missing in action for the last few days - and this is the reason !
I have been getting down and dirty with the Modge Podge LOL.

I wanted a cute purse to take to my gatherings which will hold my pens, calculators etc & this is what I
came up with. I LOVE the Perfect Day Level 2 paper pack and used it to decorate the outside of a wooden box and tag, which I bought from Michaels the craft store.
I added the matching stickease and then went to town with the Sparkles and ribbon and a WHOLE HEAP of ink distressing. The lid has a dimensional element bookplate and bigger brads to hold it in place and also eatures a chocolate colored rub-on border.
This photo shows Me, Mandy and Victoria with a Roman guard! We were off to spend the day touring Rome - 1st stop - the Colosseum.I love this stamp set with the tickets on it - so cute. I added the brads for some texture.

At this end of the box I added a circular stamped image and the sentiment from the stamp set
which matches this gorgeous paper. Yes and more sparkles :O)


A positive bevy of beauties :O)
Claire - my older sister is on the left,Victoria is sitting next to here - then me - and last but certainly not least - my younger sister Rachel (affectinately knows as Dora Turkey LOL). The word Memories is a rub on.
I found these architectural elements in a scrapbook store which has since closed down.


This is the other 'end' of the box with a photo of Me, Kristine, Victoria and Holly in Pompeii. It was a fabulous day full of giggles. Again the stickease and sparkles add a great element. The Tag shows a photo of Mandy Victoria and I in one of the many photos we had taken by the ships photographers.
Here is the other side of the tag - a photo of the harbor as we approached Capri - again stickease and a sparkle add a fun touch.
Products used:
Close To My Heart Products: Perfect Day Level 2 paper Pack and Stickease, Sparkles, Ribbon, Clear Tag
Cocoa, Sorbet & Creme Brulee Exclusive inks, Rub-ons in Chocolate and White Daisy, Dimensional Elements Bookplates, Spring Blossom Brads.

Misc Products: Wooden box, handle and tag from Michaels, Architectural elements.

Hope you like it - let me know :O)

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I bought a purse like this from Michael's to decorate too and have not done it yet. Are the photos regular photos printed from a place of business or did you print them yourself? What are they printed on? Did you brush Modge Podge over the photos too? Also, did you use the matt modge podge? Thanks. http://debrapate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra - glad you like it :O) They are just regular photos (printed at Walgreens - nothing special in the finish of them) I have Modge Podged over EVERYTHING - sparkles included - it has about 5 layer of modge podge at the moment but I will be adding about 4 more over the weekend as this box will have to stand up to a lot of hard wear and tear :O)
    I use the Matte finish modge podge as I find the gloss is just too shiny.
    Hope that helps x

    ReplyDelete