Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I am teaching at 2013 CTMH Extravaganza and here is a piece of my submission artwork :O)

When Close To My Heart asked for artwork submissions for this years teachers for Convention's Extravaganza classes I wasn't sure whether or not to apply - I have taught for the last 4 years in a row and wasn't sure that I had anything new or different to submit and would they want me - I know that the 
ladies and gentlemen who take my class really seem to enjoy it but would CTMH want someone new this year - The though of submitting artwork and then not being chosen would be hard for me LOL.
But I decided that I would submit anyway and keep my fingers crossed in the hopes of being chosen.

I received the email last week confirming that I will be one of just 18 teachers (there were 32 of us last year!)  
To say that I am excited would be an understatement.!!!

So - I thought I would share one of my 5 pieces of submission artwork with you today.
Here is a 5x7 card I made using the For Always Level 2 paper pack along with some Buzz & Bumble paper - I know I can hear you saying to yourselves - Sara NEVER combines paper packs !!!
I KNOW ! - this is so far out of my comfort level hahaha.
 I sponged Autumn Terracotta, Honey and Creme Brulee inks in diagonal bands across the For Always paper so the color graduated from the darker color in the bottom left corner 
and ending with the lighter shades in the top right.
I dry embossed the black cardstock and used the Corner Rounder with the guide removed to scallop the edges of the Autumn Terracotta cardstock then ink distressed the 
surface of the cardstock to give it a darker hue. 
I also scalloped the edge of the horizontal strip of Black cardstock.
The other 2 squares are the honeycomb pattern B&T from Buzz and Bumble.

I added the Opaques Cream Pearls in a curve around the top of the heart and added a layer of 
Liquid Glass to cover the whole heart.

The saying  'Made with" is from D1542 For A Friend - and again stamped with Archival Black ink, sponged with Autumn Terracotta and Honey inks and then Create-a-Shade Peal Paint and the saying stamped over the top.
The word LOVE was stamped using the new B1416 Keyboard Alphabet - such a useful little alphabet set - and cut out and attached to the back of the heart.
To finish it off I added the Rosette Ribbon and added more of the large Opaques Cream Pearls in the centers of the rosettes and to the centers of the scalloped edge of the black cardstock.

Hope you like it - Love Sara x

No comments:

Post a Comment