Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Costa Rica Luggage Tags

I made more gifts for this trip - this time one for me - one for my BFF Victoria 
and one for my friend Dana.
I found these adorable wooden flip-flop pieces at Michaels 
and thought they would make great luggage tags. I found the small wooden letters too so was able to personalize them :O)

I stamped the little pink hearts in Hollyhock ink (to represent Close To My Heart ) and then used the markers to color in the bands on the front of the flip flops and the flower on the front. 
I added liquid glass to the center of the flower and heaped on the Prisma Glitter.

I stamped the little lizard from the Costa Rica Incentive Trip stamp set  in Timber Brown Stazon (yes I know it looks really reddish but I think that is the effect of the wood and the liquid glass).
I inked the wooden letters with the Hollyhock marker and then stamped the design in the Timber Brown Stazon and attached them with Liquid glass.

I then went over the whole thing with Liquid Glass. "That's a lot of liquid glass" I hear you say. 
You better believe it - I used a bottle and a half to cover these !!!.

Then I decided I would add more Prisma glitter - this time to the initials - but I wasn't sure what it would look like so I just did it to mine. I was a little disappointed with it because it hid a lot of the pattern underneath which is why only mine has the glitter on it.

I finished them off with some Ruby Chevron ribbon. 
I loved the way they turned out and so did Victoria and Dana.
They aren't really sturdy enough for suitcases but perfect for hand luggage :O)
Hope you like them
Love Sara xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment