Monday, March 03, 2014

Made Just For You 'Spa in a box'


This is one of my favorite pieces from teaching my class at Extravaganza last year.
I used the My Creations recipe box as the base.
I took the mask which I had made  using the CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge and sponged Gypsy ink onto the Gypsy cardstock to make a patterned background.
 I love the Laughing Lola paper as it has just fun colors in it. I decided to make a 'Spa In A Box" and use all Lavender smelling items in it.
I used the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy to cut the flowers.
I used D1542 For A Friend to stamp the sentiment on the lid of the box ink Gypsy ink and then stamped the same image onto the My Creations Muslin Bags - this time using Smokey Plum Pigment ink. You have to use the Pigment inks on fabric otherwise the color spreads and you don't get a crisp image.
I used the watercolor pencils to add color to the image on the bags.
I filled them with dried lavender - they smelled lovely :O)
 I bought a bar of Lavender soap and the travel sized bottle of Lavender shower gel and hand lotion and wrapped the paper around them and tied them with the Color Ready Ribbon which I had colored by sponging Gypsy ink until I got the depth of color I wanted.
I was thrilled with the finished result and hope you like it too :O)
Love Sara xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment