Thursday, August 14, 2014

Gone Fishing Boys/Mans card

Oh I do like this card - it makes a change from always dong flowers and just because its for a boy or man doesn't mean its can't have lots of details :O)
I used Ponderosa Pine cardstock at the bottom and bamboo at the top - love those boot prints.
I used the Timberline paper but you could use any neutral paper pattern or even use the new Woodgrain Embossing folders we now have - they are awesome :O)
I stamped the chicken wire design from the Distressed Background stamp set in Goldrush ink on the Goldrush cardstock and stamped the Gone Fishing in chocolate ink. I colored the fish using the watercolor pencils - Dutch Blue and Olive.
The final touches were the sentiment stamped in Ponderosa Pine ink and popped up on 3D foam tape, the Triangle stud and a small piece of Bronze shimmer trim.
And last but not least when the card was complete - I added a layer of Liquid Glass to the fish to make it look wet and the help the colors of the pencils blend with the chocolate ink. It gave it a cool look.
Hope it inspires you to make one for the man in your life :O)
Love Sara xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment