Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Inkspirational Challenge #2


So the color challenge at Inkspirational  this week was based on the picture below:
Red, Blue, Green with a little Yellow and flowers.
I had made a card for another challenge which I felt would (with a little more effort) fit into Inkspirational's
color challenge this week - so here is the card which I submitted.
So this is my card - I used the gorgeous stamp set from the Flirty Workshop On The Go.
This Workshop will retire at the end of this month - so if you love the limited edition stamp set that
comes in this kit - you need to move fast !

The base and sentiment piece were cut from Colonial White Cardstock.

I used the Indian Corn Blue Exclusive Ink for the sentiment and did 2nd generation stamping 
in the same color for the branches in the background. 
The sentiment was ink distressed with the same color ink.
I also sponged it onto the Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon using the white sponge tool 
from the Texture Tools.
I pleated the ribbon when it was completely dry and kept the pleats in place with Mini Glue Dots.

I used the Ruby Exclusive ink for the 3 flowers - again the lightest flower is 2nd generation - the left hand flower I rolled the edges again so that the color would graduate and the right hand flower was stamped twice and I cut out the center section and overlaid the 1st flower using 3D foam tape to give it dimension.
All of the flowers were ink distressed using the Sponge Dauber and Ruby ink.
The centers of the flowers were colored using the Creme Brulee (light) Exclusive Marker .
The leaves were stamped in Olive Exclusive ink. cut out and tucked around the flowers.

The sentiment was matted on Ruby cardstock which again was ink distressed and given height 
using 3D foam tape.
I used Liquid Glass on all of the buds on the branches and then scattered bitty pearls.
I used the medium sized Cream Pearls on the sentiment and the large ones on the ribbon.on the ribbon.
Finally 2 Pins from the soon to be retired Bling Assortment completed it.

So two challenges with similar cards and additional colors - hope you like it :O) 
Love Sara x


No comments:

Post a Comment