Friday, January 11, 2013

Stuck On U Sketch - La Belle Vie

                                               
I found another sketch site and decided that I loved this layout for a card.
As you also know - La Belle Vie paper is my absolute favorite &19 level 2 paper packs can hardly be enough for any sane scrapbooker - I am stockpiling it as it will retire at the end of January and I have a huge scrapbook to make from my trip to Paris :O)

Anyway - I decided that I could spare some scraps for a card & I raided my stash of paper,
 & added some Cruicut images from the CTMH Artiste cartridge (page 56 of the booklet).
I stamped the vintage writing and floral stamp from Jardin stamp set in Smokey Plum Exclusive ink
 on 3 of the Cricut pieces, I used the Dots background stamp from Diverse Backgrounds in
 Blush Exclusive Ink on 2 of the pieces, & on the last piece I used Sweet leaf cardstock 
 stamped in Pear Exclusive Ink using the floral & swirl stamp - again from Diverse backgrounds.
I stamped the frame from Jardin in Desert Sand Exclusive ink - and also distressed all pieces with the Desert Sand ink and the sponge from the Texture Tool set.
I raised the frame up on 3D foam tape after I had matted it on Black cardstock from 
Scraps of the now retired Sweet Leaf ribbon and then the Petals Paper flowers 
sponged in Smokey Plum  and Blush inks added softness to the edges of the frame.
I then added Liquid glass to the frame and to the blush colored paper flowers.
Bitty Sparkles were added to 3 of the Cruicut pieces & to the center of a Black Button Brad from the Black Mini Medley.
Needless to say - I love this card and hope you do too :O)
Love Sara x

2 comments:

  1. Loving your take on our sketch Sara, the papers are yummy, and will make a fab album about Paris too. Loving the fancy hexagons too. Very nice card. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, this is beautiful! What a fabulous job you did with all of the stamping...the colors are gorgeous and I love the French flair! Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete