Sunday, January 06, 2013

Inkspirational Challenges Card

I was so stinkin' happy with the finished result of this card. 
It was a challenge I found on the Inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com website.

The rules were to use black, bright pink, kiwi colors - I chose Black, Cotton Candy and Pear - which were the closest Close To My Heart Colors.
I stamped the tree image from 'A Tree' on Colonial White Cardstock and used Black Embossing powder with the Versamark ink and heat set the image.
I then colored the image using the corresponding Exclusive ink Marker Sets in Pear and Cotton Candy.
Matching cardstock in Cotton Candy and Pear to mat the image made it really 'pop' and I used the 3D foam tape to lift the Tree image.
I used the corner rounder with the guard removed to make the scalloped edges on both the black cardstock card base and the Pear cardstock mat.
I poked holes into the scallops on the black cardstock using the piecing tool and mat kit.
Large Clear Sparkles added the 'bling' and I tucked a scrap of pink 'bobble' ribbon under the main piece.
Black tulle ribbon tied into a knot onto the front of the card.
I love the finished image and hope you do too :O)

Love Sara x


4 comments:

  1. I think you have every single right in the world to be happy about this card! It's beautiful! I adore all the elements and your image is uniquely fabulous! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Inkspirational! I can't wait to see what you make for us next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Mynnette - this was a fun challenge and I loved the spring feel to the colors x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, what a great card and the tree is just wonderful, I can see why you're happy with the result! I love the texture of the bobbles and tulle!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational and I really hope you join us again soon!

    May I please suggest you turn off word verification and opt to moderate comments instead - it makes it SO much easier and faster for folks to leave the comments that your cards deserve. : } Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Sara! Yes, I too love your card! I especially love how you used the colors in the tree and added the little bobble ribbon below the image. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational this week!
    hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete