Thursday, January 09, 2014

Be still and know that I am God Prayer Box

Here is another of my Extravaganza 2013 artwork submission pieces and again I had an idea in my head and it worked out exactly as I wanted it to. 
I created this to put small prayers in it - something that I could just dip in and pull out a prayer for the day.

You would be proud of me I actually mixed 2 paper packs together which for those of you who know me well - know that that is WAAYYYY out of my comfort zone lol.
I used the CTMH My Creations Kraft Container along with the Chantilly and For Always paper packs. 
I started by rubbing a thin layer of Create a Shade Pearl paint to the container and lid to give it a shimmer.
 I made many flowers cut from 1" through to 2" and all the sizes in between from the Chantilly paper and added Clear Sparkles to the centers. I cut the leaves at 1/2" from the Sweetleaf cardstock - all of these images are found on the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
I used the Silver Shimmer Trim on both the lid and main body of the container.
I gathered the Black tulle ribbon with black waxy flax to give it the 'Tutu" feel.
Here is a close up of some of the flowers  and leaves. I used the glue pen and Prisma Glitter to add more sparkle to the project.
 I also added the Small Sparkle Clear Flourishes on the container for even more 'Bling'
 So there you have it - a sparkley, shimmery, flowery container which I absolutely love - hope you do too :O)
Love Sara xxx

2 comments:

  1. I bought a Kraft Container just so I could try to duplicate this - it is so beautiful and I love the idea of having prayers to turn to, as God knows what we need to be praying for at any moment! Thanks for all the details...LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome :O) I was thrilled with it - it was exactly how I envisaged it in my head :O)

    ReplyDelete