Monday, January 13, 2014

Cross-Stitch Wishes - January Stamp of the Month

I wasn't sure about the January SOTM when I first saw it - not really my style BUT as you can see from all
of the cards etc that I made with it - it really IS my style :O)

This card is a great way to use scraps of cardstock, I added the Huntington Zipstrip and Bronze Shimmer Trim and added Hollyhock cardstock. Stampin the hearts in Hollyhock and Blush Ink.
I made the swirls using the new Stitch Guide and Mat and the Piercing Tool Kit.
A length of the Slate Polka Dot Ribbon adds shine. 
(Don't forget to order your ribbon - as it retires at the end of Jan14)
 This card below was designed my the talented Carolyn Johnson and then I took the idea and ran with it :O)
I added pieced holes to the scalloped edge (made with the scallop border punch)
I also made holes around the edge of the stamped large heart with the Piercing Tool and stamped the row of hearts on the cardstock. 
 I saw a small wall hanging on another ladies blog and this is my version of it.
The zip strip is from Babycakes and I attached it to a 5" sq Colonial White cardstock base.
I stamped the words in Sunset and the hearts in Sweetleaf.
I used the Color Ready seam binding ribbon to hang it up and added a Whisper cardstock back cust at 5.25"sq. Slate cardstock is the smaller grey square in the middle.
Cricut flowers finished it perfectly.
 Again - I saw the idea for a sympathy card and this is my version of it (I apologise I can't remember the site I saw it on ) I made 3 and just changed out the color of the stamped heart to show you how versatile it is.
A small matching sparkle added some shine and interest. A quick and easy card :O)
 I used Proplayer on this card and added Blush and Pear cardstock to give it a Spring feel
I sponged the Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon with Pear ink to turn it green.
 Again I saw a card where the lady had used the arrows to make the background - so I followed her lead and then added Laughing Lola paper and cardstock. Black Shimmer Trim and Cricut flowers finished it off.
 Another card using Huntington Paper and Zip strip. I added Hollyhock again to this kit - so easy to do as there are all neutral colors in this kit - and Bronze Shimmer Trim.
Again I used the Stitch Guide, mat and Piercing Tool kits to add the fun swirls.
 As you probably know I am a great one for cutting my stamps up - either with scissors or with a craft knife. Yes you can do this too - just be very very careful not to cut in to the image.
There is no returning them to CTMH if you have altered your stamps in any way :O)
Anyway I took my Exacto knife and carefully cut around the works in the 'Sew Special' stamp and then I was able to stamp just the cross stitch rectangular border. I then stamped the small hearts in Blush and Sweetleaf to give the impression of a quilt.
 And last but not least here I have turned the hearts into flowers - Desert Sand and Lagoon go together so well - more scalloped boarders and Sparkles and Shimmer Trim add Bling :O)
Hope you have enjoyed looking at these and maybe it will give you some inspiration to make YOUR version of them.
Love Sara xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment