Thursday, April 10, 2014

Embossed Skylark inspirational card

Oh how I love this card.
I know it looks involved but it took me less than 10 minutes to complete.!!
It featured embedded embossing which is a technique where you attach layers of paper or cardstock
together and then run them through an embossing machine.
I used the new CTMH Damask Embossing Folder which I absolutely love - very much my style
as you know :O)
Here is a tip - if you are going to distress the edges of your cardstock then do it before
you emboss it. If you have a very complicated design like the one above it puts quite
a lot of tension on the edges of the cardstock and it can rip along the pattern if you try to 
distress after it has been embossed.
So I attached a piece of Whisper cardstock to the Juniper piece and embossed them and then
added a small piece of the Skylark Zipstrip.
The bird and words and white daisy are all Skylark Dimension Elements and the
Green resin flower is from the Skylark assortment.
I used the small heart image from the WOTG stamp set and used Desert Sand ink (I also distressed all of the pieces in Desert Sand ink too)
I added liquid glass to the heart for some shine.
The sentiment and the heart are both popped up using 3D foam tape.
Hope you like it as much as I do - Love Sara xxx

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I love this ! I never thought to attach moe than one paper to emboss- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romaine, I have a fun birthday card which I will post in May which will feature the same technique - make sure you look for it :O)

    ReplyDelete